Finding Quality Linens
Where can you find quality linens, and know if it’s the real thing? At Bella Linea, you'll find a vast array of quality linens in different thread counts, colors, patterns, fabric compositions, and price ranges. We can be reached at beds@bellalinea. com or at 615-352-4041 or toll free 866-280-4480. Otherwise:
- Your local specialty linen store is your best resource. Research first if you must, but go there to buy. Why? Because they know who the best manufacturers are and have usually had many years of experience and continuity with them, their customers, and know the market. By buying from these stores, you will have a trusted resource for years to come. Additionally:
The best quality sheets are primarily woven in Europe. Beware third-world countries, discounters, and low-end chains. Their business model is to sell products at specific price points to appeal to the masses, regardless of quality.
Check the price. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Feeling “the hand” of the product is the most important. You can’t do that on the Internet. Look closely at the weaving and check for loose threads, and other embellishments. All hemstitching, for example, isn’t created equal. Pay very close attention to these details. Also check for dye lot discrepancies.
Shrug off thread count, unless or until you know you’re dealing with a single-ply sheet, or trust your resource.
Ask for information. We realize many people love to do their own research first. But you’ll be surprised and glad if you will allow yourself to fall into the hands of somebody who knows what they’re talking about. We promise.
Check out the competition. We recommend that you actually purchase a discount pillowcase and use it to comparison shop.
- You won’t be a captive customer to the big boxes or the Internet for cockamamy ‘bed in a bag’ designs and/or poor quality linens, which are often targeted to the masses instead of to you, individually.
- They offer more choices and know how to properly design beds.
- Specialty stores are usually the first to take a risk and introduce great new products since they don’t have to report to a million people first, or deal with ‘turnstile’ corporate buyer’s and other employees who may not understand linens. (Or really care about customers).
- Because they listen and quickly respond to their customers, whose feedback doesn’t get distorted or overlooked as easily as in big corporations.
- Specialty stores usually provide the best customer service - hands down.
- Unlike faceless Online stores and big boxes who can hide behind their “corporate veil’, specialty store retailers must protect their reputations since they are personally known in their community, and will also lose personally if they deceive, gouge, or cheat customers.
If all this seems like too much time and trouble, think again. The sheet sets and linens you purchase will be yours to enjoy - or not - for 8 hours every day, 365 days a year - for years. Buy the best you can possibly afford, even if you must delay purchasing, because - as our clients rave constantly - using fine, beautiful linens greatly enhances sleep and feelings of well-being. You’ll also realize a return on investment over time by not having to replace as often. For more information, contact Bella Linea or visit us to discover the difference!